Social media sites enable us to interact and communicate with our customers in a way that traditional websites cannot. We use social media as part of our commitment to transparency and to provide information to our customers and stakeholders.
We have a presence on several social media platforms that you can use to keep up to date with Biogen news and activities. These accounts are subject to our community guidelines, which can be reviewed below.
We encourage you to interact by following us and discussing relevant topics. However, Biogen expects that followers will be respectful of others. Please read through these simple rules, and check back from time to time because they may change:
- Due to the unique legal requirements in which we operate, we cannot offer medical advice or otherwise engage in a promotion or discussion about specific products or treatment options — ours or other companies’ — on our social properties. Your physician remains your best source of information about medicines and treatments, authorized in your country of residence.
- The following content is not acceptable and can be subject to deletion or block users who violate these terms:
- Content that includes profanity, defamatory, libelous and offensive or demeaning language (including images, videos and links)
- Content that is misleading, fraudulent or deceptive
- Disparaging or threatening comments about others
- Content about specific products or treatment options
- Posts that are excessively repetitive and/or disruptive to the community or are SPAM-like in nature
- Posts containing proprietary, confidential, sensitive or non-public information about, or related to, Biogen or any other person or company, are not acceptable. Similarly, posts related to current or future litigation in which Biogen is involved are not acceptable
- Posts that contain links, including those to videos, not owned by Biogen
- Posts sharing personal information about you and any connection to Biogen
- Posts selling or soliciting consultation, services or products from an individual or a third party
- Please keep in mind that Biogen does not verify, represent or endorse any opinions or information expressed by third-party organizations or individuals posting content to the Biogen social properties, and that any content posted by anyone other than Biogen is the responsibility of the submitter and not Biogen.
- Any comments made by users, including current or former Biogen employees, reflect their individual thoughts and positions. These are not endorsed by Biogen or representative of Biogen as a company.
- The Biogen social properties are not places to report any medical adverse events or reactions or product complaints. If you believe that you have experienced any medical-adverse events or reactions from a Biogen product, please consult your physician or pharmacist immediately. If you believe you have experienced an adverse event when using our product, please contact us through the patient inquiries numbers (U.S. only) or your local affiliate contact listed here. Should you accidentally include an adverse event report in your post, Biogen may need to contact you to find out more information. This is due to regulatory requirements concerning safety reporting. In the United States, you may also report side effects to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or calling 1-800-FDA-1088.
- We do not aim to store your social media profile unique ID, email or other personal details. However, in case of an adverse event or product issue we would need to store information about you, such as your name or location. This information is required to be submitted to the Biogen Drug Safety department and/or regulatory authorities.
Medical and health topics may be discussed on Biogen social properties but should not be construed as medical advice.
Please note that we may unfollow a user who dramatically changes their mission and objectives, or whom we feel violates our community guidelines.
We want all of Biogen fans to feel free to share. However, because our social media profiles are public and anyone can engage with us, we cannot be responsible for views expressed other than our own. Please read at your own risk and know that, while we are listening, we cannot certify or validate the accuracy of statements made by the Biogen fan community, and opinions expressed by outside users on our social media properties are not representative of the opinions of Biogen.
We reserve the right to remove our any of our social media platforms and its contents at any time. Please check often for updates, as we reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify these community guidelines at any time. Your use of our social media properties indicates your acceptance of any revisions to these terms. Also, while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently, Biogen may take any actions it deems appropriate to ensure a particular site is not disrupted or abused in any way.