- Patient services
- Financial assistance
- Patient safety
- Advocacy organizations
Biogen is dedicated to helping patients obtain access to our therapies.
Our highly trained patient support representatives have access to a comprehensive suite of financial assistance tools to help patients and their caregivers and healthcare professionals understand, compare and select insurance options and programs that are available to them. Specifically, we have programs to assist people who are uninsured, privately insured and insured through public programs, such as Medicare.
Financial assistance and insurance services for individuals who have been prescribed Biogen multiple sclerosis medications include:
- Benefit investigation to help understand and determine the best coverage options for patients, including assistance with prior authorizations and denied claims;
- Insurance counseling for the uninsured and underinsured to help with obtaining adequate coverage, such as Medigap, COBRA and Medicaid;
- Support navigating the U.S. healthcare reform law (Affordable Care Act) to help patients take full advantage of new coverage opportunities;
- Enrolling eligible patients in the Biogen $0 copay program in which patients pay $0 a month for their drug costs;
- Helping patients find assistance through charitable organizations to cover items such as insurance premiums, copays and transportation needs; and
- Providing free medication to eligible patients in need.
To learn more about how Biogen is helping our patients get access to therapies, view our 2015 Corporate Citizenship Report.