Our patients are at the center of everything we do. That is why we are committed to working toward a healthier world for patients by solving some of the greatest challenges in medicine and transforming the standard of care of neurodegenerative diseases.
- Patient Health Outcomes and Patient Safety: We are committed to engaging and educating patients to enhance health results and ensure safe treatment.
- Access to Treatments: As part of Biogen’s efforts to find new treatments for diseases, we strive to provide every patient with the treatment they need through extensive Patient Services and Financial Assistance.
- Research & Development and Pipeline: At the heart of everything we do is our R&D and obligation to maintain a steady scientific pipeline as we look into the future of neuroscience and healthcare.
- Ethics: Our clinical research and other ethical standards for our employees and business partners are included in our Code of Business Conduct: Values in Action.
Living (and Working) with MS
Fostering Patient Engagement
Goals and Performance
- Over the past decade, nearly 20% of company revenues have been invested in R&D
- Launched 1MSg®, a new MS campaign, to encourage MS patients to work with medical specialists and become even better informed
- Created Together in SMA (spinal muscular atrophy), a disease education program to provide information about SMA and its symptoms
- Received FDA approval of SPINRAZA® (nusinersen), the first therapy approved to treat children and adults with SMA
- Ranked first on IDEA Pharma’s 2017 Product Innovation Index