Our employees care deeply and believe in what they do. They come to work every day knowing that thousands of people worldwide count on Biogen and our therapies to make a meaningful difference in their lives.
Biogen’s workplace culture attracts the best and the brightest scientific minds—individuals who are passionate about improving health outcomes, supporting local communities, encouraging the next generation of scientists and making a global impact.
We empower our people to build rewarding careers and foster a culture of learning that pushes them to take the initiative and seek out growth opportunities. We value and support our people managers so they can effectively lead their teams. We are especially proud of our efforts to promote a diverse and inclusive workplace and to advance women in leadership roles.
We aspire to be a positive presence wherever we operate, demonstrated through our employee volunteerism efforts; the grants we make through the Biogen Foundation; and our unique, hands-on Community Labs, which have introduced tens of thousands of students to the wonders of science.
- Workplace Community: We emphasize, recognize and reward collaboration, creativity, innovation, diversity and work-life balance to ensure employees are motivated and engaged.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Our diversity and inclusion strategy touches every facet of our business, focusing on three key components: expanding workforce diversity; improving health outcomes for diverse and underserved global patient populations; and developing a sustainable, diverse supplier base.
- Workplace Health & Safety: Everybody at Biogen has a role to play in creating and maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and we work hard to reduce risk, prevent injuries and other types of incidents, and foster a healthy work environment.
- Community Engagement: As a company founded and focused on science, we aim to inspire the next generation of innovators in the communities in which we operate through our Foundation’s grantmaking programs, employee volunteerism, sponsorships and through our own hands-on, experiential community science lab.
Inspiring the Next Generation of Scientists
Raising the Bar for Gender Equality
Goals and performance
- Nearly 90% of employees indicated they were proud to work for Biogen, exceeding the industry benchmark by 20 percentage points
- Employee-matched charitable donations in the U.S. totaled $1.3 million in 2016
- 3,000 employees in 25 countries supported 62 projects as part of 2016 Care Deeply Volunteer Day