Working At Biogen
Diversity & Inclusion
We have worked hard to infuse Diversity & Inclusion principles and practices into our global culture. In practice, we embrace talent from all backgrounds and foster a work environment where all employees feel empowered to do their best work.
We focus on:
- Inclusion. Act as a more globally inclusive, bias-free and culturally competent company.
- Sustainability. Establish diversity and inclusion principles as a natural part of how we do business.
- Patient diversity. Understand differences in our patient communities.
- Representation. Ensure that we attract, develop and retain talent from all backgrounds and promote education and acceptance through our Employee Resource Networks.
- Supplier diversity. Broaden our supplier diversity efforts globally. Learn more.
We are dedicated to being at the forefront of efforts to develop a diverse and talented global workforce and inclusive culture to unlock the full potential of that workforce. In addition to our robust internal and external programs, we also support the Workforce Development, Diversity, & Inclusion principles adopted by the Biotechnology Innovation Organization.
How we do it
Our approach relies on partnerships among dedicated resources and cross-functional volunteers:
- Our Diversity & Inclusion Strategic Council (DISC) is a governing body of members representing all business areas. It sets overall strategy and approach for global diversity and inclusion and advises on implementation.
- Our Diversity & Inclusion team within Human Resources offers strategic and day-to-day direction on implementation.
- Employee volunteers design and lead many Diversity & Inclusion efforts, particularly our Employee Resource Networks.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our company welcomes all job applicants, and we strive to provide all employees with equal opportunity for advancement. We will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment based on an individual's sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by local government agencies or law.
As an employer of choice, we strive to:
- Provide attractive employment opportunities for diverse candidates at all levels and in all segments of our organization.
- Pursue and maintain relationships with sources of diverse candidates, community organizations and academic institutions.
- Comply with both the letter and the spirit of all applicable laws and regulations relating to nondiscrimination and affirmative action in employment.